I want to tell you about my experiences through my memories…
We will go on a journey. The flavours that emerge from my kitchen will captivate your senses and make you travel through to the cultures and adventures that have made me the person I am today: a brave, empowered woman. I am a traveller. I am free. I am proud.
I am Katalina… Bendita Katalina!
A HYMN TO FREEDOM / FOREWORD
That day was not just another day. I set out with a pair of empty suitcases but my mind was full of illusions.
Here begins my journey, painted with small brushstrokes of my life,of which you are now a part.
- PAIR OF “RUSAS” 11.00
"The flavour of my homeland and the memory of Akito: a mixture with all the essence of Malaga and all the magnetism of Seoul"
- PAPAS BRAVAS 9.50
"The revelry and festivity of Madrid's afternoons left me more brave than tired"
- TORREZNITOS FROM SORIA 12.00
Memories of Sundays with Mahou and torreznos whilst listening to my grandfather's little stories"
- TACOS WITH IBERIAN RIB (DO IT YOUR SELF) 14.00
“México lindo, ¡ándale! give me your tortilla and I'll put in the most delicious Iberian rib”
- WARM SALAD OF GRILLED VEGETABLES WITH AVOCADO 10.50
“A bit rough... but born in La Axarquía”
- FOIE WITH SPICY MANGO MARMALADE 18.00
“I didn't fall in love with Notre Dame or the Eiffel Tower... I fell in love with French foie gras. That's me!”
- MY AMONTILLADO STEAK TARTAR WITH PACO´S CHIPS 17.00
“Marco Polo knew the cut of the tartar, but I improved it with a little bit of Amontillado wine”
- LETTUCE THAI WITH LOMO BAJO 14.50
“During my years in Thailand I tended to a vegetable garden to which I added some spanish delights”
- THE “FULANO” 13.50
“I'd better not tell you anything... try it yourself and see if you fall in love with it”
- KATA´S PASTA WITH SALMON, EGG & PARMENSANO 16.50
“St. Peter is well in Rome, even if he doesn't eat pasta”
- MILLIONAIRE EGGS. A “MUST” AT MY PARTIES 24.00
“In New York there was too much pretentiousness... plus it lacked the eggs and potatoes of my Málaga... olé!”
AY! CÁDIZ OF MY HEART
“Red as passion, so is your flesh rocked by the Atlantic waves”
- TRUFFLED TUNA TARTARE 19.00
“La Caleta is the centre of my love for this coast. Here, I live the moment, and savour the love for your sea”
- PIZZA WITH BOLOGNESE TUNA, PAYOYO CHEESE AND FOIE GRAS 14.50
“When that Italian took my hand to show me Cádiz, he met his worst enemy... Ciao Giovanni! I m in love with Cadiz”
- GRILLED TUNA BELLY 26.00
“As if the smell of the bonfires announced the end of the carnival... I burn inside with sorrow as I look at you and leave you behind”
My secrets and my cooking are the authors of this time of my life, in which I never forgot the essence of my city.
Patience, care, and a lot of love for my cuisine, to make my Málaga known all over the world.
- GAZPACHUELO. KATALINA´S STYLE 10.50
“The way to say that you are from Malaga... without having to say it”
- PAELLA WITH OCTOPUS, WHITE SHRIMP & SOBRASADA MALLORQUINA 17.50
“For those summers when we thought we could see the Mallorcan mountains from Alicante... I was actually in Australia and without a paella pan”
- MINI NOODLES WITH ROAST CHICKEN 12.00
“I didn’t know roast chicken could bring such exquisite ecstasy”
THE ENVY OF THE TANGO BOY
I remember when, on my visit to Buenos Aires, I met Hugo.
He was a tango singer who taught me the rhythm of the most passionate dance in the world and the reason of his country´s fame.
But in the end, I ended up loving tango, good Argentinean Meat, and forgetting about Hugo altogether.
- AUNT EMO´S CACHOPO 17.00
“Family gatherings always had the smile of a small child when it was time to eat cachopo”
- SUCKLING PIG COOKED AT LOW TEMPERATURE WITH CRISPY SKIN 25.00
“Just seeing her skin, smelling her aroma, I travel back to those days in Segovia where the sound of the dish marked the beginning of a great feast”
- IBERIAN PREY WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE 18.00
“Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay but the iberian prey, it could be only from here”
- SIRLOIN CHATEAUBRIAND 500gr. aprox. 39.00
“My children carve it for you at the table as a ritual”
- GOAT FROM CANILLAS BAKED IN ANDALUSIAN OVEN 23.00
“From Village... authentic one”
DON’T FORGET TO KEEP AN EYE ON WHERE I MATURE MY MEAT!
ENTRECOTE DE LOMO
LOMO ALTO SIN HUESO 2 PRIMAVERAS
*POSSIBILITIES TO ACCOMPANY YOUR MEAT WITH:
- CHIPS 4.00
- LETTUCE 4.00
- JACKET POTATO IN OUR OWN WAY 3.50
- KATA´S POTATOES 4.50
Nobody becomes bitter by a sweet… and of course nobody’s bitter for a sweet!
- MY SURPRISE ICE-CREAM FOR TRAVELLERS 6.00
“Refresh & travel around the world with them”
- HOMEMADE COOKIE WITH VANILLA ICE-CREAM 6.00
- YOGHURT WITH TOCINO DE CIELO 6.00
“Greek for the yogurt, heavenly for the tocino”
- MY DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE 6.00
“Like a -cookie- wave by the ocean”
- CAYETANAS 6.00
“A sweet palmtree: Full of flavours, different ones”
PARA BEBER Y BRINDAR
los caramelitos de kata
- SIDRA DE HIELO VALVERAN 20 MANZANAS
- ROYAL TOKAJI LATE HARVEST
- OPORTO LATTE BOTTLE VINTAGE
- Nº1 SELECCION ESPECIAL (MOSCATEL)
Y hasta aquí mi historia, que ahora también es tuya. Espero que mis platos te hayan hecho viajar a través del sabor de mis vivencias.
Y si me echas de menos… no dudes en pensar que volveremos a juntarnos y es que aunque todavía no te hayas marchado ya te estoy echando de menos.
Esto no ha sido en vano, por ello agradezco a la vida que con tu visita hayas escrito una página más en este diario.
*By the way, all my prices include VAT.